Interested? In order to qualify you must be 18 years of age or older and hold legal status to work in the United States.
CNC Operator Jobs in Deep River CT
Perform routine machinist duties associated with the production of components for pistols, revolvers and rifles. These duties may be manual or CNC machine oriented. Will be expected to perform simple operations, change tooling and adjust assigned machine or multiple machines that perform operations such as drilling, milling, broaching, stamping, grinding, sawing, shaping, filing, sanding or media-blasting, and special purpose machining.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating machine or group of machines and making adjustments as needed to maintain tolerances
- Removing and replacing cutters, tooling, etc., and re-adjusting machine to bring part into gage
- Performing basic data collection functions as directed
- Practicing good housekeeping and 5S requirements
- Performing prescribed preventative maintenance (PM) on machines as required per the PM charts
- Gauging all parts at frequency specified, using the appropriate gage or measuring device
- Safely handling and transporting materials, parts, supplies, etc., within department
- Working to meet or exceed schedule/job standard and quality requirements
- Performing manual work having to do with the handling of materials, if needed
- Regularly calibrating precision measuring devices to assure proper measurements
- Keeping work area and equipment clean, safe and orderly
- Following all safety and EH&S requirements and using proper personal protective equipment
- Practicing safety requirements and keeping machine guards in place at all times
- Openly offering job suggestions for possible improvements such as methods, procedures, ways of doing things, housekeeping, safety, training, etc
- Monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with work instructions, statistical process or any other variances of control procedures prescribed for certifying or testing equipment
- Performing other miscellaneous job duties and related functions as directed by Supervisor or other designated person as needed
- Being actively involved and willing to complete all training requirements to advance skills and proficiencies
- Must be able to read, write and interpret the English language
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, push, pull, carry, reach, twist
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- General knowledge of the job and machining techniques
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform calculations, and use basic and advanced measuring tools
Deep River, CT
All shifts available
Focus is uniquely positioned to help you with your employment needs. Our team is trained specifically in hiring for manufacturing, logistics, and distribution jobs.
All job descriptions on this website are a synopsis and are not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements. Your job application is not complete until you visit a Focus office and complete other required in-office paperwork.
Focus is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 913-260-2567 or via firstname.lastname@example.org